Subject: Re: [amos-list] Optimized version of AmosPro Compiler ?
From: Pietro Ghizzoni <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 20:37:49 +0200

From: Pietro Ghizzoni <[email-masked]>

Hello Michel

On 15-Mag-99, Michel Donat wrote: Re: [amos-list] Optimized version of AmosPro Compiler ?

> Ok but is not possible to compile with a pur ascii source not token ,
> bevcause the E compiler is very speed with a simple MC68000 7Mhz ?

If you compile a already tokenised program, the AMOSPro compiler is fast as
the E Compiler.... 

If you consider the tokens+compile time it's slower... but AMOS is a
*interpreted* language, and E is a *compiled* language! In AMOS the tokens are
essential, and the compiler is based on the tokens, a pure ASCII support
is not possible.

> Is juste an idea to use for example Golded to create the source.

Several people use this method... and anyway it's not so slow... with a
512K source code the E compiler is slow too :)

-- 

Bye!

                                     !!!
                                     o o
   +-----------------------------oOO-(_)-OOo----------------------------+
   |                                                                    |
   |  Pietro Ghizzoni - Dairymen Soft              __  /// Amiga 12OO   |
   |     E-Mail:  [email-masked]                 \\\/// 'O3O  5OMhz   |
   |           ICQ 16361472                         \/// 18MB - CD4x    |
   |                                                                    |
   | Amos Development Group Coordinator                 AMIGA RULEZ!    |
   |                                                                    |
   +--------------------------------------------------------------------+

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ONElist:  where the world talks!
http://www.onelist.com
Join a new list today.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official AMOS WWW: http://members.xoom.com/AmosFactory/front.html